examples - pc-based measuring/testing systems
here we give you two examples of customized measuring and testing systems by orion hitek, inc.:
- automatic doors
fire safety regulations in some countries demand that in case of a fire
automatic doors either close or open, depending on the room behind these
our customer, one of the world's largest manufacturer of automatic doors, already had a test facility, but lacked a special, very sophisticated measuring device.
we were successful in combining the optimal high-precision sensors via a specially shielded cable to a precision amplifier. this amplifier then sent the signals to a computer, where we developed a customized visualization and recording software package.
- automated mobile safety tester
current electrical standards in many countries now demand that electrical
appliances are tested for safety on a regular periodic basis, and
after repair and maintenance. the unilap 701 x is a test device for such
measurements conforming to the german standard din vde 0701/0105.
where a customer has several specimen to test, a form of automated testing and result recording may be required. we have developed pps 701, a software package that allows test measurements from a unilap 701 x to be recorded on the hard disk of a pc.
the pps 701 software is menu driven to the saa standard. pps701/windows is the newer version for windows 9x and nt environment. both have been designed for ease of use. on-line help is available for all functions.
- by combining the use of a pc with the unilap 701 x tester, the recording of repetitive test data is easily achieved.
- the test journal can be printed on any printer supported by the pc.
- test journals may be configured to the users exact requirements.
- test data can be archived on disk for later retrieval.
- by using a portable pc, service staff can easily collect data from many specimen, and print out the data at a later date.
- data is stored in dbase format for use by virtually any standard software (e.g. database, spreadsheet).
- optional bar code reader support for automated test runs.
- optional bar code label production
- optional ms access interface
- complete system available in a special, sturdy case
on the pages of orion control you'll find pictures of this automated mobile safety tester pps701.